We are more responsive to our client’s needs, at less cost, than a large firm would be.
Our firm’s intellectual property practice provides our clients with a full range of services, including counseling, prosecution, litigation, dispute resolution and licensing transactions in patent, trademark, and copyright matters. Some of the specific services we offer include:
- Litigating patent, trademark, trade dress, copyright and trade secret cases, in State and Federal courts, arbitrations, and any resulting appeals
- Filing U.S. and international trademark and copyright registrations
- Managing domestic and international trademark portfolios
- Performing U.S. and international trademark and copyright searches
- Contest trademark registrations before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeals Board (TTAB)
- Consulting on trademark usage, marketing, licensing and franchising
- Developing trademark handbooks and usage guidelines
- Providing training and other educational programs
- Implementing anti-counterfeiting and other enforcement actions
- Negotiating, drafting and enforcing license and co-existence agreements
- Negotiating, drafting and enforcing confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements
- Documenting the purchase and sale of intellectual property assets
- Advising about fair use issues
- Domain name registration, enforcement and recovery
In addition, we maintain close associations with high-quality foreign intellectual property law firms so that we can look after and coordinate our client’s interest around the world. As intellectual property has become of increasing importance to our economy, the complexity of the legal issues involved has grown, creating potential legal minefields for attorneys not experienced in this area of law.
We help our clients maximize and protect the value of their intellectual property in the following areas:
Hallstrom Klein & Ward LLP helps its clients protect the value of their trademarks by conduction trademark searches, filing trademark registrations, handling opposition and cancellation proceedings, developing trademark usage guidelines and handbooks, offering client training and seminars, negotiating and drafting trademark licenses, and implementing anti-counterfeiting programs and other enforcement actions.
Trademark & Trade Dress Litigation
Hallstrom Klein & Ward LLP’s ligators have successfully and aggressively represented clients in all types of trademark and trade dress litigation, in both state and federal courts. We are adept at handling infringement, dilution, breach of license agreement, counterfeiting, unfair competition, unfair advertising, and cybersquatting cases. We can also contest or defend oppositions to trademark registration applications before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeals Board (TTAB).
Our extensive knowledge of this area of law and our vast litigation expertise enables Hallstrom Klein & Ward LLP to be an effective advocate for its clients.
Hallstrom Klein & Ward LLP handles many types of patent-related matters, including: patent litigation, licenses and technology transfer agreements. We work closely with a respected patent law firm for the prosecution of our client’s patents.
Our dedicated team of experienced attorneys combine their knowledge of intellectual property law with their skills as litigators, to consistently and aggressively perfect our clients’ intellectual property rights. Because of our experience litigating intellectual property matters, we are well positioned to help our clients avoid or quickly resolve IP related disputes when litigation is threatened or commenced. When practical, we attempt to engage in adversarial patent licensing negotiations as a means to resolve disputes in order to avoid the high expense and risk of patent litigation.
Hallstrom Klein & Ward LLP handles a large spectrum of legal issues associated with the Internet. We assist clients with:
- Searching and analyzing domain names throughout the world for availability and potential infringement
- Registering domain names worldwide
- Representing clients in disputes against cybersquatters at ICANN domain name dispute resolution tribunals under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, through litigation in the courts, and in arbitration proceedings
- Advising on website content issues such as fair use, right of publicity
The attorneys at Hallstrom Klein & Ward LLP assist clients with copyright registration, counseling, licensing, transfer of ownership, and disputes. We have extensive experience with copyright infringement lawsuits. In addition, we routinely counsel our clients on the protection of their works through copyright registration.
Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
Hallstrom Klein & Ward LLP assists clients with protecting their valuable trade secret assets. We help negotiate and draft employment contracts and consulting agreements to cover the issue of confidentiality, and prepare licensing agreements and assignments for trade secret information.
We handle lawsuits involving the misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contracts regarding the disclosure of trade secret information. We litigate other types of unfair competition matters as well, and help clients limit their exposure through preventative counseling.
Hallstrom Klein & Ward LLP’s attorneys are experienced in negotiating and drafting domestic and international license, distribution, and technology transfer agreements. Because Hallstrom Klein & Ward LLP’s lawyers are well versed in various aspect of licensing, they can provide assistance not only in structuring a license transaction, but also in finding creative and practical solutions to the business and legal issues which invariably arise in structuring a licensing deal.
In this informational age, licensing of intellectual property has become an integral part of most business’ operation. Not only may it be the heart of its revenue model, companies deal with licensing from simple standardized software agreements to complex research and development and joint venture agreements. Licensing is involved in all aspects of intellectual property (patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets), and varies in scope and complexity from local to international and from a single usage to multi-user.
A Winning Team Approach
Regardless of the complexity of the issues involved, our attorneys draw on their experience to provide our clients with creative solutions to their licensing challenges, all in a timely manner.
How may we help you?
Or simply call: